“Empower underserved Latino communities…”
MHP Salud implements Community Health Worker programs to empower underserved Latino communities and promotes the CHW model nationally as a culturally appropriate strategy to improve health.
Our populations and their communities will enjoy health without barriers.
- Community-driven approaches based on collaboration, empowerment, and proactive problem solving will contribute to eliminating the root causes of poor health and health disparities.
- Using technology, experience, and outcomes based innovations of the highest quality ensures change that is appropriate to both the community and our fast paced and ever changing environment.
Every person in a community has unique skills, talents and experiences that are key to creating and implementing solutions to community needs.
Empowerment is achieved through peer education and treating all people with respect, honesty and integrity.
- Lead and promote the CHW model
- Advance the CHW model as a health profession
- Facilitate and extend access to resources and services for individuals, families, and communities to improve health
- Cultivate strategic partnerships to carry out MHP Salud’s mission
- Demonstrate and quantify the value of CHWs to health systems, public health, health payers, and community