Community Health Worker – Lenawee County, Michigan
Full Time Position Available
Full Job Description
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency conducting health education and outreach in underserved Latino communities, is currently seeking a motivated, energetic, organized, and focused Community Health Worker for A.L.M.A. (Amigas de Lenawee Moviéndose Adelante) program to support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, and/or stalking.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
Through outreach, support groups, and referrals, the program seeks to improve the community’s knowledge of resources for sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and/or stalking, as well as increase the number of Latino/a survivors of sexual assault and/or intimate partner violence receiving support services in Lenawee County. Responsibilities of the Community Health Worker may include, but are not limited to: performing community outreach; facilitating group health education sessions; providing referrals to care and services; and building partnerships with local community organizations.
- Able to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English; fluency in spoken Spanish required
- Have knowledge of and/or be part of the community served (Lenawee County)
- Be computer literate and have two years of applicable work experience
- Have knowledge of, experience in, and/or interest in sexual assault, domestic violence, survivor advocacy, etc. issues
Salary: $16.00-$18.99/hour, DOE
“MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work asa full time regular employee (in 2017, less than 1% of our employees were part time or temporary), your benefits begin on your first day (all of them).
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans and carry excellent long term disability insurance for our employees (paid by us).
- We provide employer paid Life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children.
- You are immediately vested in our 403 (B) retirement plan with an employer contribution of 5% of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 holidays and 12 Health and Wellness days per year, employees receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
To review the full job description and details, please visit click here.
To apply, complete the online application available here and be prepared to include the following components:
- Names and contact information for three work references (needed when Interview is granted)
Incomplete applications or automated resume only applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. MHP Salud will contact qualified candidates by email. Applicant screening begins on July 26 with video interviews beginning around August 1 and final personal interviews early August. Expected start date for position(s) would be no later than August 27.