Who Is This Training Designed For?
This training is recommended for both new and experienced Community Health Workers who would like to build on their existing skills. An MHP Salud training expert will request information about your Community Health Worker program and conduct a pre-training meeting to personalize the training to match your organization’s needs and specific program.
What Is Included?
The Cultural Competence training module helps Community Health Workers understand cultural diversity and develop the necessary skills to provide culturally appropriate support and services to their community.
This training package will focus on the following topics and outcomes:
- In-depth review of the concept of cultural diversity
- Overview of cultural beliefs that may impact or relate to perceptions of health and wellness
- Discussion of cultural diversity in the area where the Community Health Workers will be working and strategies for interacting with different groups of people in culturally sensitive ways
- Detailed review of skills and approaches to provide culturally sensitive and appropriate education and services
- Discussion of skills and strategies for addressing cultural barriers that may exist in their community
Make The Training Work For You
Looking for a more comprehensive training package? Please see our Complete Community Health Worker Training program or our Custom Community Health Worker Training option for additional information. If you would like to combine this training with another Core Competencies module, please contact us for a custom price quote.
In our more than 30 years of experience, we have found that in-person, engaging, and highly interactive training sessions are a key to success in preparing Community Health Workers to work effectively in a range of programs, as a result, this training package is only available as an on-site training.
2 hours (Virtual)
8 hours (On-site)
On-Call Post-Training Support
4 hours (Virtual)
*Includes travel costs for any training location within the continental US
|Pre-Training Meetings||2 hours (Virtual)|
|Training||8 hours (On-site)|
|On-Call Post-Training Support||4 hours (Virtual)|
|*Includes travel costs for any training location within the continental US|