What Is Community Health Worker Level II Training?
The topics covered in Community Health Worker L.E.A.D. curriculum Level II are the skills that CHWs need to be successful and effectively support their communities on a range of issues. These competencies build on skills and experiences that Community Health Workers bring to their work and also help them to grow professionally and work in a variety of settings.
The 20 hours of the Community Health Worker Level II training sessions can be facilitated in English or Spanish and provided on-site or as a live, fully interactive virtual training. The following sessions and objectives are covered:
- Describe strategies for creating and maintaining a successful career as a Community Health Worker
- Identify resources and needs for career development
- Define leadership and how it is applied by Community Health Workers in their communities
- Identify opportunities and strategies for Community Health Worker empowerment
- Define the process of a community needs and resources assessment
- Identify the different roles CHWs can play in a community needs and resources assessment
- Understand how to lead a focus group discussion on community needs
- Demonstrate community asset mapping skills
- Define Return on Investment and its importance to employers and communities
- Demonstrate the financial worth of the Community Health Worker profession in your community and institution
- Explain the strategies of motivational interviewing.
- Demonstrate how Motivational Interviewing can be used to facilitate change talk and behavior change in clients
- Explore interpersonal conflict and conflict styles
- Understand and apply methods of resolving conflict
- Define Community Health Worker advocacy
- Understand the process for identifying advocacy needs of clients and the community
- Develop messaging for relevant stakeholders and the local landscape
- Understand the limitations of advocacy by Community Health Workers
- Understand the role of a Community Health Worker in case management
- Apply case management skills developing client goals and action plan
A virtual training costs $3,739 and an on-site training is $5,709* including all travel costs.