What is the Professions Working with CHWs Foundations Level Training?
Our Professions Working with Community Health Workers L.E.A.D. curriculum Foundations level covers key information for related positions such as nurses, social workers, medical assistants, physicians, outreach workers, and other team members as they prepare to collaborate with Community Health Workers. The topics covered in this level include key information from both the Community Health Worker and the CHW Supervisor training sessions, with a focus on increasing familiarity with Community Health Workers and the CHW model.
The 4 hours of the Foundations level can be facilitated in English or Spanish and provided as a live, fully interactive virtual training for $1,179 or on-site at the location of your choice for $2,899* including all travel costs.
The following sessions and objectives are covered:
- Define Return on Investment and its importance to professions working with Community Health Workers
- Demonstrate the financial worth of Community Health Workers and how they can benefits organizations
- Identify the differences between adult and child learning
- Understand why different learning styles matter in health education
- Describe the types and benefits of the popular education techniques used by Community Health Workers
- Identify key tools in the Community Health Worker Toolbox to maximize education techniques