Program Coordinator – Weslaco, TX
Full Time Salaried Position Available
Full Job Description
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker programs, as well as provides support services to other agencies who wish to start-up or strengthen their Community Health Worker programs, is currently seeking a Program Coordinator. Position will be located in Weslaco, Texas. Although the full job description is available on our website posting, the successful candidate will be fully bilingual in written and spoken Spanish and English (bicultural competency highly preferred). Key position responsibilities include:
- Provides direct supervision to assigned staff, ensures new supervisees are orientated to the organization and program, and ensures timesheets are submitted on a timely basis and correctly reflect the work
- Coordinates all day-to-day aspects of assigned program and works in partnership with other staff to achieve program and organizational goals and organizational
- Coordinates all activities within given program(s) to ensure quality and completion of activities.
- Works with supervisor to recruit, hire, and provide orientation and evaluation of full time, part-time, and temporary staff, interns, and volunteers either directly or through oversight of
- Effectively and proactively uses technology and assists staff as needed in program for optimal use of
Successful candidate will have an earned Bachelor’s (a minimum of an Associate’s Degree required); 1-2 years’ experience as a CHW, supervising CHW’s or in community based/outreach work; be computer literate with proficiency in spreadsheet, database, presentation, and word processing software; and with the knowledge or ability to quickly obtain knowledge, of population served, community resources, and program outcomes.
Please see the full job description available here.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part-time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 403 (B) retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $48,000-$54,487, DOQ.
Complete application online HERE. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered.
Applications review will begin on May 28, 2018 and continue until filled. Interviews will begin within a week of initial review date.