MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements community-based programs, is currently seeking a Community Health Worker for Parents as Teachers. This position must reside in Zapata or Webb County.
Motivated individuals with strong attention to detail, prior experience working with children and families, and a high school diploma or equivalent are encouraged to apply.
Please see the full job description here. Successful candidates will:
- Complete required training for Parents as Teachers supported by MHP Salud and provided by Parents as Teachers.
- Conduct home visits and case management to families with children 5 and under in Zapata and Webb Counties utilizing the Parents as Teacher prevention model
- Organize and facilitate group encounters for families.
- Possess at least two years of supervised experience working with children or families.
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part-time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness
days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their
4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $18.00 to $25.25 per hour, DOE
Applications can be completed online and must include the following components:
- Completed Application
- Current resume
- Names and contacts for at least three references