Community Health Worker – Texas
Multiple Full-Time Positions Available
Full Job Description
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker programs, as well as provides support services to other agencies who wish to start-up or strengthen their Community Health Worker programs, is currently seeking multiple motivated, energetic, organized, and focused Community Health Workers. Position will be located in Texas. A successful candidate will be fully bilingual in written and spoken Spanish and English (bicultural competency highly preferred). Please see the bottom of this page for what specific programs MHP Salud is currently hiring Community Health Workers for.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Able to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English; fluency in spoken Spanish required
- Have knowledge of and/or be part of the community served
- Be computer literate and have two years of applicable work experience
- Experience with Medicaid/CHIP, preferred
Successful candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience as a CHW and/or working in community based/outreach work; be computer literate, ability to make oral presentation, and with the knowledge or ability to quickly obtain knowledge, of population served, community resources, and program outcomes.
Please see the full job description (available here) for additional requirements.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 403 (B) retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $17.00-$18.99/hour, DOE
Complete application online available here. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered.
What programs are we hiring Community Health Workers positions for and when?
Navigator Starr County: In-person interviews will be conducted on October 14th & 15th.
Navigator Webb & Maverick County: In-person interviews will be conducted on October 9th & 10th.
Navigator El Paso County: In-person interviews will be conducted on October 17th.
Start date for all Navigators: October 28th
Connecting Kids: Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Juntos Podemos : Positions are available in Starr County, Willacy County, and Hidalgo County. In-person inteviews will be conducted on October 14th and 15th.
Juntos Podemos start date: October 28th.