Community Health Worker – Orange County, Florida
Full Time Position Available
Full Job Description
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency conducting health education and outreach in underserved Latino communities, is currently seeking a motivated, energetic, organized, and focused Community Health Worker for El Arte De Sobrevivir, a program to support survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, and/or stalking. Although the full job description is available on our website posting, the successful candidate will be fully bilingual in written and spoken Spanish and English (bicultural competency highly preferred).
Through outreach, support groups, and referrals, the program seeks to improve the community’s knowledge of resources for sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and/or stalking, as well as increase the number of Latino/a survivors of sexual assault and/or intimate partner violence receiving support services in Hillsborough County.
Responsibilities of the Community Health Worker may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing community outreach
- Facilitating group health education sessions
- Providing referrals to care and services
- Building partnerships with local community organizations.
- Have knowledge of and/or be part of the community served (Orange County)
- Be computer literate and have two years of applicable work experience
- Have knowledge of, experience in, and/or interest in sexual assault, domestic violence, survivor advocacy, etc. issues
- Able to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English; fluency in spoken Spanish required
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part-time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness
days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary: $17.00-$19.99/hour, DOQ
To apply, complete the online application available here and include the following components:
- Names and contact information for three work references (needed when Interview is granted)
Incomplete applications or automated resume only applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. MHP Salud will contact qualified candidates by email. Interviews will be taking place April 2019 until the position is filled.