One position in any of the following locations:
- Weslaco, TX: Physical site
- El Paso, TX: Virtual site
- Ypsilanti, MI (or 75 min radius from Ypsilanti)
- Tampa or Orlando, FL (any area from St Pete’s to Orlando)
- Springfield, MA (or 75 min radius from Springfield)
- Yakima/Tri-Cities, WA (or 75 min radius from Tri-Cities which includes Walla Walla)
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency with a strong virtual presence, is currently seeking a Curriculum and Workforce Engagement Specialist. As the organization continues to expand steadily over the last several years, the need for high-quality staff that can represent and advance MHP Salud’s initiatives in national and state coalitions, programs, conferences, and networks continues to grow.
The Curriculum and Workforce Engagement Specialist will work as a team member of MHP Salud’s Programming Division to coordinate national efforts to build the Community Health Worker (CHW) profession.
While the full job description is available here, successful candidates will:
- Review internal and external curricula for use in MHP Salud programs and recommends appropriate usage for both grant writing and programmatic use.
- Lead ongoing internal curriculum review and development. Update and suggest changes to the curriculum used based on standard peer review updates.
- Create ancillaries individually or as a team leader including, but not limited to, resource materials for organizational on-line portfolio, curriculum guides, training exercises, and resource guides.
- Monitors workforce development trends, strategies, and emerging issues as they relate to CHWs and suggests products, training units, or strategies to address them in a timely and productive manner
- Represents MHP Salud’s national training and curriculum to stakeholders, including CHW Associations and other CHW-focused organizations
- Monitors national landscape as it relates to the CHW profession and infuses the information into divisional activities, products, and plans
A background and/or interest in adult/peer learning, the role of culture on education, varying educational and literacy backgrounds, curriculum design and implementation, and CHW workforce is a plus, as is bicultural (Latino/Anglo) experience. The ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish is required, as is a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in areas related to the job duties.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2018, 2.4% of our employees were part-time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
Completed applications should include the following components:
- Completed MHP Salud job application
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
- A sample of a document between 1-3 pages that demonstrates your ability to organize and convey important information (i.e. an excerpt of a curriculum, syllabus, facilitator’s guide, lesson plan, ancillary, policy, procedure, etc. you have developed)
Official transcripts will be required before hire.