Note: This is a position that works remotely but does require living in one of the five states listed below:
MHP Salud, a national non-profit focused on health education outreach, currently seeking a Marketing and Community Manager. This position provides marketing support for MHP Salud’s “on-the-ground” programs in Latino communities as well as for programs that develop resources and provide technical assistance to other organizations. As such, the Marketing and Community Manager is responsible for creating graphic design and written content on a range of topics and for diverse audiences. The successful candidate will work independently while also having the ability to collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization to compile input and ensure that messaging and marketing collateral are clear, culturally relevant, and on-brand.
Complete information about this position is available in the Marketing and Community Manager job description, however, the selected candidate will:
- Be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier, and Microsoft Office Suite and have strong design sensibility with the ability to develop content under a unified brand.
- Have excellent grammar and communication skills with the ability to effectively organize information and communicate ideas.
- Assist with the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing plans that include the organizational website, blog, social media, email campaigns, and printed materials.
- Have an understanding of, or the ability to rapidly obtain and incorporate, an understanding of the Community Health Worker profession and the communities and organizations we serve.
- Have an understanding of SEO, and an understanding of, or the ability to rapidly obtain an understanding of, key marketing tools to access and interpret marketing analytical data.
- Work proactively and effectively both when completing independent work, as well as when working as part of a Marketing team.
Written and spoken Spanish language skills are needed to perform this position well. While not a requirement, Spanish language skills are very strongly preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position. A bachelor’s degree, with at least two years experience in the job duties, delineated.
Salary Range: $56,000 to $63,000 per year, based on qualifications and experience.
About the Organization
MHP Salud is a bilingual and bicultural organization. Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As a full-time employee, the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee+1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and we carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5% of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
How to Apply
Applications can be completed online here and must include the following components:
- Current Resume
- Completed MHP Salud Job Application from the website (can refer to resume at important points in the application)
- One writing sample that illustrates your ability to draft marketing content.
- One graphic design sample that illustrates your ability to create marketing material.
Names and contact information for three work references will be required for candidates invited to final in-person interviews, and official transcripts will be required before hiring. The selected candidate must have a valid passport and driver’s license.