Full-Time Position Available
Providing operational support for all MHP Salud staff and programs, the Operations Associate works within MHP Salud’s Operations Division. As such this position has assigned tasks in the Business Office (such as payroll and Accounts Payable), Human Resources (working with employee benefits and conducting background checks), Technology (ensuring technology is provided at the site needed when needed and overseeing basic systems such as our VOIP system, SPSS accounts, Zoom, etc.), as well as research (looking for efficiencies and researching applicable regulations). Work is performed in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, clear communication, and critical thinking is key and there is an interesting variety of tasks that keep you engaged and interested. MHP Salud is a national nonprofit agency with a strong virtual presence.
As an organization of mixed physical and virtual sites, the position can reside at any one of the following locations:
Weslaco, TX: Physical site
El Paso, TX: Virtual site
Ypsilanti, MI (or 75 min radius from Ypsilanti)
Tampa or Orlando, FL (any area from St Pete’s to Orlando)
Springfield, MA (or 75 min radius from Springfield)
Yakima/Tri-Cities, WA (or 75 min radius from Tri-Cities which includes Walla Walla)
Complete information about this position is available in the Operations Associate job description here, however, the selected candidate will:
- Take initiative to complete assigned tasks, recommend solutions to operational issues, and propose process changes
- Use curiosity and critical thinking skills to identify anomalies, determine their source, and propose solutions that address both the specific problem, as well as any larger process-related issues
- Communicate clearly and proactively with all parties, both within the Operations Division and within other divisions of the organization
- Work with a high degree of accuracy
- Enjoy detail-oriented work and innovative problem solving
- Work proactively and effectively both when completing independent work, as well as when working as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be motivated by opportunities to solve problems and learn new skills
Written and spoken Spanish language skills are needed to perform this position well. While not a requirement, Spanish language skills are very strongly preferred.
This a full-time position and a bachelor’s degree is required.
Salary Range: $42,000 to $50,000 per year, based on qualifications and experience.
About the Organization
MHP Salud is a bilingual and bicultural organization. Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee, the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee+1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and we carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401 (k) retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5% of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
How to Apply
Applications can be completed online here and must include the following components:
- Completed MHP Salud Job Application
- Current Resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
Official transcripts will be required before hire. The selected candidate must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
To review the full job description, please click here.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered.
Review of materials will begin on January 11, 2021. Virtual interviews will take place January 13th through 15th. Selected candidates will be asked to complete a brief at-home test between January 16th and 17th. Final interviews will be conducted virtually and will occur on January 25th and 26th, with an expected start date of February 22, 2020.