MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency with a strong virtual presence, is currently seeking a Program Director Grade 2. Position open until position is filled. As the organization continues to expand steadily over the last several years, the need for high quality staff that can represent and advance MHP Salud’s initiatives in national and state coalitions, initiatives, conferences, and networks continues to grow.
The Program Director Grade 2 will be responsible for delivering consultation to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) across the nation that are starting or wish to strengthen their own Community Health Worker (CHW) program. In addition, the Program Director Grade 2 will be responsible for developing educational resources that will be disseminated at a national level. A large part of the work involves collaboration with partners located across the country to provide collaborative consultation to staff of FQHCs, ranging from CHWs to program managers to leadership. This position delivers consultation primarily through virtual means and presents at national/regional conferences throughout the year.
While the full job description is available here, successful candidates will:
- Use their strong written and oral communication skills to produce resources, briefs, presentations, reports, and proposals for both internal and external audiences
- Manage several projects addressing different audiences simultaneously, negotiating the state and federal arenas to ensure organizational and partner needs are addressed
- Conduct workshops, trainings, and provide knowledge transfer on a number of health and health related topics
- Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance to partners, FQHCs and internal staff to meet program goals
- Utilize technology in conferencing, communication, data collection and evaluation, and daily activities in a paper-less national organization
A background and/or interest in the understanding and application of human resource law and regulation to increase CHW presence in clinical settings is a plus, as is the ability to speak, read, and write Spanish. An earned Master’s degree is required (degrees in disciplines requiring a synthesis of large volumes of interdisciplinary data preferred), as is 2-4 years work experience.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $57,000 – $66,000 DOQ
Complete applications online here and include the following components:
- Completed MHP Salud Job Application
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
- Professional writing sample – (3-5 page max in PDF format)
Official transcripts will be required before hire.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. MHP Salud will contact qualified candidates by email. Virtual interviews will take place in February, personal interviews expected by mid-February and a hire date of March 16, 2020.