MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency with a strong virtual presence, is currently seeking 1-2 Program Managers to assist Program Directors in managing one of our “boots-on-the-ground” programs serving Latino populations. The increasing size of our programs has increased our need for high quality staff that can manage larger budgets and programs.
This position works under the direction of the Program Director and carries out the day-to-day management of a program(s) under his/her direction. As such, the management of the Community Health Workers (CHWs), their workload, activities, and resources are this position’s primary duty. This duty is carried out through close collaboration with the Program Director and with an understanding of the larger budget, program, planning, and organizational goals conveyed and coordinated with the Program Director (PD).
Successful candidates will:
- Coordinate all day-to-day aspects of assigned program and work in partnership with other staff to achieve program and organizational goals and organizational objectives.
- Provide direct supervision to assigned staff including ensuring new supervisees are orientated to the organization and program
- Ensures program(s) activities are of high quality, complete, and match funder goals
- Recruit, hire and provide orientation and evaluation of full time, part time, and temporary staff either directly or through oversight of activity.
- Review monthly financials and provide PD with feedback on current spending and future needs.
The successful candidates will have an earned bachelor’s degree; at least one year of experience as a CHW, an outreach worker or other community-based work; 1-2 years of management experience; cultural competency concerning population served; computer proficiency; and an ability to read, write, and speak Spanish and English required.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $48,000-56,000 DOQ
Complete applications online here and include the following components:
- Completed MHP Salud Job Application Form
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
Official transcripts will be required before hire.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on Feb 24 with virtual interviews taking place on March 2-3 and personal interviews expected on March 9-10. A hire date of April 1 is anticipated.