“Empower underserved Latino communities…”
MHP Salud implements Community Health Worker programs to empower underserved Latino communities and promotes the CHW model nationally as a culturally appropriate strategy to improve health.
Our populations and their communities will enjoy health without barriers.
- Community-driven approaches based on collaboration, empowerment, and proactive problem solving will contribute to eliminating the root causes of poor health and health disparities.
- Using technology, experience, and outcomes based innovations of the highest quality ensures change that is appropriate to both the community and our fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Every person in a community has unique skills, talents and experiences that are key to creating and implementing solutions to community needs.
- Empowerment is achieved through peer education and treating all people with respect, honesty and integrity.
- Lead and promote the CHW model
- Advance the CHW model as a health profession
- Facilitate and extend access to resources and services for individuals, families, and communities to improve health
- Cultivate strategic partnerships to carry out MHP Salud’s mission
- Demonstrate and quantify the value of CHWs to health systems, public health, health payers, and community.