Workshops for CHW Programs
Our L.E.A.D. (Listen, Empower, Advance, Deliver) Workshops for Community Health Worker programs provide organizations with a setting where their whole team can work together to design their own Community Health Worker-led program around a special topic.
During these 4-hour sessions, expert MHP Salud staff provide recommendations based on past programs and outcomes while guiding you through a series of team-based exercises, including brainstorming, organizational assessments, and other collaborative activities. By the end of the session, you will have the tools that your organization needs to design and implement a successful Community Health Worker program in your community.
In addition to providing guidance around the Community Health Worker Model and applying it to a selected topic, all workshops cover the following:
- Understanding how to implement a Community Health Worker program at your organization and determining the your readiness to do so
- Identifying the unique assets and challenges a Community Health Worker program would face in a given community
- Developing a program timeline to implement a Community Health Worker program around a special topic
Workshops at Your Organization
Our workshops are flexible by design and are most successful when a variety of staff participate, including Community Health Workers, supervisors, and even C-suite professionals. This approach allows participants to hear and incorporate multiple perspectives into their program plan and gain a better understanding of how every piece of their organization will be involved in their Community Health Worker program.
If you’re interested in holding a workshop at your organization, please also note the following:
- Workshops can be conducted in either English or Spanish
- Workshops can be delivered virtually, as a live, fully interactive video training, or on-site at your organization
We currently offer workshops on 3 special topics: Diabetes, Financial Literacy, and Healthy Living. We built the curriculum for each around other training tools we have used successfully in the past and provide them to participants as part of the workshop. They can then use these resources while developing their Community Health Worker program, and Community Health Workers can also use them as a reference when assisting their clients.
Contact us at:
Or complete the contact form below to receive an email with additional information.