The ideal Board member would be committed to our mission, growth, and long-term success. Currently, we are searching for professionals in Florida and Texas with experience in one or more focus areas: community health, Community Health Workers, public health, finance, legal (nonprofit preferred), human resources, marketing, and/or fundraising.
By joining our board, you will:
- Serve in a leadership capacity of a growing, nonprofit organization with a strong record of improving community health in Texas and Florida.
- Shape the ongoing development of the organization’s strategic plan, supporting the advancement of healthier and more equitable communities.
- Increase your professional network through various partners across government and non-government sectors.
- Raise your profile in your organization and field.
- Strengthen your leadership and team management skills.
- Collaborate with a diverse multidisciplinary group of high-level leaders.
- Contribute to initiatives that improve physical, emotional, and social health and equity.
MHP Board of Directors Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve for a 3-year term with the potential of renewal (up to 3 consecutive terms).
- Attend three virtual board meetings and one in-person extended Annual Meeting.
- Make a commitment to read and review materials prior to a board meeting and come prepared to discuss priority issues.
- Raise awareness of MHP Salud’s services and increase its profile at state and national levels.
- Commit to supporting the long-term sustainability and fiscal health of MHP Salud through involvement and advisement in fundraising and development efforts.
- Make a personal/business contribution through a donation (monetary or services).
- Serve on at least one board committee supporting strategic and operational goals.
- Demonstrate ability to abide by MHP Salud’s ethics and conflict of interest policies.
- Embrace diversity and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Invest in the health and well-being of all communities, especially those underserved.