Who Is This Training Designed For?
This training is suitable for staff members with some grant writing experience, as well as those who have never written a grant before.
An MHP Salud training expert will request information and conduct a pre-training meeting to personalize the training to match your organization’s needs and the experience levels of the training participants.
What Is Included?
With our Grant Writing 101 training package, we provide an introduction to grant writing. The concepts covered will be based on our successful grant writing experience with Community Health Worker program funding, but will also review key grant writing information that can be applied to pursuing funding opportunities for a variety of program types.
The training covers the following topics:
- Strategies for finding grant opportunities for your organization
- Review of how to evaluate grant opportunities and decide which funding opportunities to pursue
- Overview of approaches to balancing grant writing work with other organizational activities
- In-depth review of grant proposal writing and step-by-step processes for reviewing the Request for Proposals, preparing all the components of your proposal, and conducting a final proposal review
- Recommendations on timelines for grant writing and how to effectively budget your time
- Strategies for improving grant writing skills within your organization and building confidence in your grant writing team
Make The Training Work For You
While we recommend on-site training for this and other training packages, we are able to offer this training virtually. Please review the chart below for additional information about what is included in this package and starting costs.
Included Support:, , ,
Pre-Training Meetings,1 hour (Virtual), 1 hour (Virtual),
Training,2 hours (On-site),2 hours (Virtual),
On-Call Post-Training Support,2 hours (Virtual),2 hours (Virtual),
*Includes travel costs for any training location within the continental US,,[/table]
Building on our over 30 years of successful grant writing experience, we have created a range of resources to guide your grant development work including: