(1) Rosenthal, E.L., Wiggins, N., Brownstein, J. N., Rael, R., Johnson, S., & Koch, E. et.al. (1998). The final report of the National Community Health Advisor Study: Weaving the future. Tucson, Arizona: University of Arizona, Health Sciences Center.
(2) Wiggins, N. (2004, January). Qualities of effective community health workers. Paper presented at the 13th Annual West Coast Migrant Stream Forum, Seattle, WA.
(3) Richter, R. W., Bengen, B., Alsup, P. A., Bruun, B., Kilcoyne, M., & Challenor, B. D. (1974). The community health worker: A resource for improved health care delivery. American Journal of Public Health, 64 (11), 1056-1061.
(4) National Rural Health Association. (2000, November). Community health advisor programs. Retrieved June 28, 2004, from www.nrharural.org/dc/issuepapers/ipaper17.html
(5) Pew Health Professions Commission. (1994). Community health workers: Integral yet often overlooked members of the health care workforce. San Francisco, CA: University of California at San Francisco, Center for Health Professions.