MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker programs, is seeking a Community Health Worker. This position will be located in El Paso County, Texas.
Motivated, energetic, organized, and focused individuals are encouraged to apply. Please see the full job description. Successful candidates will:
- Complete required training for Health Insurance Marketplace Navigator certification supported by MHP Salud and provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Conduct community outreach and assist individuals enrolling in health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid/CHIP or connect to local resources in Bexar County and surrounding counties.
- Understand and be part of the community being served and experienced in community work, education, health care, or related field preferred.
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English; fluency in spoken Spanish is required.
- Possess Information Technology skills such as Laptops, Smartphones, Internet/online application systems, Microsoft Office, etc.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee, the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year and 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th years).
Salary Range: $20.50-25.25 per hour, DOE
Applications can be completed online and must include the following components:
- Completed Application
- Current resume
- Names and contacts for at least three references