MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker programs, is currently seeking a Community Health Worker. This position will be in Bexar or Maverick County, Texas.
Motivated, energetic, organized, and focused individuals are encouraged to apply. Please see the full job description here.
Successful candidates will:
- Complete required training for Health Insurance Marketplace Navigator certification supported by MHP Salud and provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Conduct community outreach and assist individuals enroll into health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Medicaid/CHIP or connect to local resources in Maverick County or Bexar County, and surrounding areas.
- Plans and leads group educational sessions and discussions on assigned health topics, virtually and in-person (program-specific).
- Understand and be part of the community being served and experienced in community work, education, health care, or related field preferred.
- Have ability to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English; fluency in spoken Spanish required.
- Possess Information Technology skills such as: Laptops, Smartphones, Internet/online application systems, Microsoft Office, etc.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee, the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, MHP Salud covers a portion of premiums for employees, employee plus 1, and employee plus family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 12 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year.
- We offer 2 weeks of time off within your first year and 3 weeks within your second year.
Salary Range: $20.50-25.25 per hour, DOE
Applications can be completed online and must include the following components:
- Completed Application Form
- Current resume
- Names and contacts for at least three references