The position is available in the Rio Grande Valley, Bexar County, Nueces County, Webb County, Maverick County, El Paso County, Texas.
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker programs, is currently seeking a Community Health Worker Resource Specialist. This position will be located in RGV, Bexar County, Nueces County, Webb County, Maverick County, El Paso County, Texas.
Motivated, energetic, organized, and focused individuals are encouraged to apply. Please see the full job description here. Successful candidates will:
- Understand and be part of the community being served.
- Have experience or worked as a Community Health Worker in some capacity.
- Have prior knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and already worked with the ACA in some capacity.
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English; fluency in spoken Spanish required.
- Possess Information Technology skills such as: Laptops, Smartphones, Internet/online application systems, Microsoft Office, etc. Be able to quickly learn and implement the software and platforms MHP Salud use.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee, the following benefits will begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary Range: $56,000 –$63,000 per year, DOQ
Applications can be completed online and must include the following components:
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three professional work references