Successful candidates will reside in one of these states, but will work with staff across the nation
MHP Salud, a national non-profit, focused on the Community Health Worker profession and improving the health of underserved Latino communities, continues to grow and is hiring for an additional Policy & Research Analyst.
Although the full job description is available here, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely within the Evaluation and Policy Division and cross-divisionally to synthesize secondary research around an assigned topic.
- Write narrative reports, conduct data analysis, and synthesis, distill key informational points, and/or provides recommendations concerning specific assignments.
- Write documents appropriate to task, audience, and population on the subject area assigned including background, trends, and options for solutions.
- Provide updates to key internal parties and explores innovations appropriate to the organization to address changes or emerging trends.
- Target key policy areas — such as CHWs, health policy, rural health, Latino communities in the U.S., the medically underserved, and upstream/social determinants of health—to ensure key data is captured in a timely manner;
Furthermore, as the Policy & Research Analyst position will interface with other staff, divisions, and programs, the ability to work independently and as a member of a team is key to success in the position.
Degree(s) in disciplines requiring a synthesis of large volumes of interdisciplinary data preferred. Master’s degree in related field preferred; however, Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field with five years of specific experience in duties of the job description is acceptable. In addition, two to four years of experience in policy, research, or related area; excellent writing and verbal communication skills; an understanding of policy, research protocols, and contextual utilization of data required. As a bilingual, bicultural organization, an ability to speak, read, and write Spanish with bicultural experience is preferred.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future, the following benefits begin on your first day of employment full-time receive full benefits; part-time receive 50% of benefits:
- For health care, we pay 95% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees’ dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Salary range: $58,000-63,000
How to Apply
Applications can be completed online here and must include the following components:
- Completed MHP Salud Job Application
- Current Resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
Official transcripts will be required before hiring. The selected candidate must have a valid driver’s license.