MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency with a strong virtual presence, is currently seeking a Program Director Grade 2. As the organization continues to expand steadily over the last several years, the need for high quality staff that can represent and advance MHP Salud’s initiatives in national and state coalitions, initiatives, conferences, and networks continues to grow.
The Program Director Grade 2 will be responsible for building the capacity to serve various populations by delivering technical assistance, developing educational resources, and providing training to other organizations at the national level.
While the full job description is available here, successful candidates will:
- Use their strong written and oral communication skills to produce resources, briefs, presentations, reports, and proposals for both internal and external audience.
- Manage several projects addressing different audiences simultaneously, negotiating the state and federal arenas to ensure organizational and partner needs are addressed
- Conduct workshops, trainings, and provide knowledge transfer on a number of health and health related topics
- Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance to partners and internal staff to meet program goals
- Utilize technology in conferencing, communication, data collection and evaluation, and daily activities in a paper-less national organization.
- Bicultural preferred and ability to speak, read, and write Spanish is required, as is an earned Master’s degree and 2-4 years work experience
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
- Salary Range: $57,000 – $66,000 DOQ
Applications are available here and should include the following component
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for three work references
- Professional writing sample – (3-5 page max in PDF format)
Official transcripts will be required before hire.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. MHP Salud will contact qualified candidates by email. Virtual interviews will take place September 18 – September 22, 2020, personal interviews expected by September 28, 2020 and hire date of October 12, 2020.