The Arte de Sobrevivir support group aims to promote healing among women who are primary or secondary survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and/or stalking. This guide builds on the existing strengths of Latina women and utilizes culturally informed tools and approaches. Participants are not only provided with information and form supportive networks with other women in their community, but they also engage in arts and craft projects, which can open space for discussion and healing.
This guide contains information and suggestions that will be useful to Promotores(as) de Salud, Community Health Workers, or directors of programs that provide support and education around sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and/or stalking.
The Guide is broken down into sessions during which the group meets, including:
- Overview: The Arte de Sobrevivir Support Group
- Session 1: Who Am I?
- Session 2: Dynamics of Family Violence
- Session 3: Healthy Relationships
- Session 4: Safety within Intimate Partner Relationships
- Session 5: Emotional Well-being
- Session 6: Stress
- Session 7: Self-Care
- Session 8: Looking Forward
- Appendix: A. Session Handouts
- B. Materials List