Grant Writing Workshops for Organizations
Effective grant writing is essential to organizational growth. In this 8-hour workshop, your team will gain a deeper understanding of the different components of the grant application process for Community Health Worker programs. By the end of the workshop, your team will have developed draft language that can be taken directly back to your organization and used to prepare winning grant applications for your CHW programs. Our expert grant writers lead this interactive workshop, which can be delivered virtually or on-site.
We’ve taken our experience on effective grant development strategies and have developed a practical and relevant workshop to support your grant development team and increase your organizational capacity to pursue grant opportunities for CHW programs. During this interactive workshop, our experts will guide your employees through the different components of the grant application process and give them opportunities to practice crafting the different grant application sections. Additionally, participants will strategize ways to submit winning grant applications at your organization.
MHP Salud’s Revenue Development Division has achieved the following grant-related results over a five-year period (2015-2020):
- Secured nearly $19 million in public and private grant funding
- Steadily increased grant revenue from approximately $1.27 million in 2015 to $3.94 million in 2020
- Increased the number of applications submitted by 77% from 2015 to 2020
- Established, tracked, and utilized Grant Division metrics that align with MHP Salud’s strategic plan
This workshop is available for purchase to all organizations. PCAs, AHECs, and other similar entities are able to purchase the training for participants from multiple organizations to attend, and our team is happy to work with you to arrange that.
Participants will leave the workshop with an understanding of the components of a grant application and develop draft language for each component of the application that be used to to apply for grant funding for a CHW program. The objectives for this session are to:
- Understand what grant writing is, why it is important for CHW programs, and what influences your current thoughts and feelings about grant writing.
- Identify and describe a community’s needs.
- Identify and describe organizational capacity to address the need your project is responding to.
- Develop a project plan that responds to the identified community need and encompasses measurable objectives.
- Develop and evaluation framework for the grant the measures the project’s impact.
- Develop a work plan with activities and assigned personnel that will accomplish the identified goal and objectives.
- Be able to make connections between activities, staff, and project goals and objectives to develop a budget that meets the project’s needs.
- Understand how to review funding opportunities to assess their appropriateness for the proposed project.
*Note: Organizations without prior experience with Community Health Worker programs are encouraged to complete the Understanding Community Health Workers and Their Role in Health session within our L.E.A.D. Training for Professions Working with CHWs prior to attending this workshop. While not required for participation, this session provides an overview of Community Health Workers and can help ensure that the components of the CHW program proposal that you develop as part of your Grant Writing Workshop leverage the strengthens of the CHW profession and meet the needs of your organization.
Schedule a Workshop
This workshop is 8 hours and can be provided as a live, fully interactive virtual training for up to ten participants for a cost of $5,399 or on-site at the location of your choice for $7,219* for up to 20 participants. (*Includes all travel costs for a training location within the continental United States. Note: travel costs will be prorated if multiple on-site training sessions are purchased for the same location and time period.)